I got this recepi from my friend Pooja, she Gujarati Jain.
Making Jain food is easy n its healthy.
Most important thing it doesn't have the crying process i.e. chopping of onions.
Jains doesn't eat any root vegetables & its very logical.
For potato they use plantain (raw banana).
Its my experience, that u can replace potato by raw banana (plantain), its gives you excellent output.
lets try this recipe...........
Raw banana 2 nos
Tomato 2 nos
Oil 2 tbsp
Hing a pinch
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Chat masala 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the whole raw banana.
- Peel and chop the banana and keep aside.
- Heat oil, add hing, mustard seeds, allow to crackel then add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder.
- Add chopped tomatoes & cook well till its start leaving the oil
- Now add the chopped banana, garam masala, chat masala & salt
- Toss well, & its ready to serve.
- If u wish add chopped coriender leaves