I AM A


vote for me

Contributors

Friday, July 18, 2008

Green Chilli Pickel (Jhatpat Hari mirch ka achar)

I love pickle, I'm crazy about it........... When I was a kid, I used to see my mom making pickle, mostly mango, but the the procedure was very long. Here is the very easy pickle recipe which we can have as soon as we finish the preparation. I learnt this achar from my sweetest Priti Mausi. When i was studying in Bangalore i always asked here to pack different types of achar for me. I learnt lots of recipes from housewife's only. I salute all mom's, wife's & sister's because they are the real inventor of new food preparations within the basic cuisine with limited access to material variety.

Ingredients:

Green chillies 250 gm

lemon 5 nos

Cumin(jeera) powder 50gm

Coriander(dhaniya) powder 50 gm

Fennel seed(sauf) powder 50 gm

Asafoetida(hing) 1/8 tsp

Rai ki dal 25 gm

Salt to taste

Edible refined Oil 50ml

Method:

  • Wash and remove all moisture from chillies.
  • Cut lengthwise into 2 or 4 according to size of chili.
  • Heat the oil, add hing and all other powder and saute.
  • Now add green chillies and saute well till all the moisture removed from it.
  • Remove from heat and add rai dal , mix well.
  • When the mixture gets cool add lemon juice.
  • Keep the mixture in glass bottle.
  • Heat oil and cool it, add to the pickle mixture till its cover the full mixture.
  • Pickle is ready to eat.

No comments: