At first go, its sound like we are talking about any Indian gravy with Gobi (cauliflower) & Singada(Water chestnut), & here the twist comes. This is the Bengali snack made from Gobi & here Singada means Samosa. In Bengali, its Gobi Singada & in Panjabi we can say its Gobi da Samosa.
I got to know about this snack on discovery channel & its amazing, where Chef Rhode is travelling all over the India for exploring Indian cusine.
The stuffing preperation of this snack is different from the regular Samosa stuffing, lets see how to prepare it,,,,,,,
Fennel seeds (sauf)
Oil for frying
- Make a hard dough with flour, salt, ajwain, little oil & water, keep aside.
- Cut gobi into small florets.
- Peel & cut aloo into small cubes.
- Crush ginger, soak rasins in water & make fennel seed powder.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan, add gobi & aloo, saute well.
- Add crushed ginger, salt & soaked rasins & cook well till gobi & aloo done.
- Finish with fennel powder, keep aside for cooling.
- Roll the dough in regular fashion as done for the samosa & stuff with the mixture.
- Avoid to stuff hot mixture as it will break open the samosa while frying.
- Fry the samosa in hot oil till golden brown.
- Enjoy the hot singad with spicy mint & sweet tamrind chutney.