I tried this dish in January 2010. One of my friend wanted to taste something prepared by me but he wanted me to use very less oil. So I tried out this preparation. Herb rice & sauteed vegetable go on the side.
Ingredient: (2 serving)
Chicken Breast 2 nos
Coriander leaves & stems
Mint leaves & stems
Garlic cloves 8-10 nos
Green Chillies 2 nos
Peppercorns 8-10 nos
Lemon 1 no
Tomatoes 6 medium size
Onion 2 medium size
Olive oil 3 tea spoons
Potato 1 large
Carrots 2 medium size
French beans 10 nos
Bell peppers each color 1
Salt to taste.
- Here in this prep will make all the thing at a time, n will make plan of work according to that.
- First of all cook rice, side by side clean wash chicken breast & remove excess fat if any, give small insertions all over.
- Marinate the chicken with chopped green chillies, chopped coriander, mint leaves, lemon juice, Salt & keep aside for 20 Min's.
- Cut potatoes & carrots into batons(1cm x 1cm x length 4cm), string beans & cut into 4 cm lenght, bell pepper also into 4 cm lenght.
- Boil all into salt water & keep aside.
- Peel & deseed blanch tomatoes & finely chop.
- Heat 1 tea spoon oil in pan, add chopped garlic, onions & half slit green chili saute well, chopped tomatoes cook till done , season with salt & little crushed peppercorns if required.
- Poach the chicken in pan, place marinated chicken breast add water till it covers the chicken, add stems of coriander & mint, salt, cover the pan for 10-12 Min's till it gets cook.
- For rice: Take few drops of oil, add chopped mint & coriander leaves, saute & add cooked rice, seasoning to taste.
- For vegetable: Take 1 tea spoon of oil, through some chopped garlic & onions Saute well then add bell peppers, cook well but keep crunchy, add boiled vegetable & mix well, add seasonings.
- Lets plate the food: slice the chicken breast place in one corner of the plate, place rice on one side with the help of small bowl in upside down position, & on one corner all the vegetable.
- Pour the hot sauce the chicken slices, & garnish with mint leaf.
- Here our full meal is ready.