For me 2011 started with the three days trip to Wayanad, Kerala. Wayanad is the one of the district of Kerala... This trip was memorable one as we got to know lots of stuff, we saw the Cardamom plantation, coffee plantation, tasted fresh green peppers, and we drew uphill till 3800 meter above sea level and main important we had amazing food in those three days.....
In this trip i got to know few trick of cooking n few new dishes too.....
I'll share the most easy n quick make recipe first.....
We all must have heard about tapioca, in south will get tapioca chips too...
I feel we can use it as substitute of potato also in Samosa & parathas, this experiment i haven't done till now but we can try it with little more spices than the regular recipe.....
This dish is accompanied with small green chili chutney n it tastes awesome...
Let’s start the preparation...
- Kari patta
- Mustard seeds
- Whole Red Chillies
- Salt to taste
- Oil for tadaka
- Small spicy green chillies
- Fresh coconut
- Coconut Oil (few drops)
- Wash, peel n cut tapioca in small pieces. For root vegetable always add vegetable in cold water n then boil it. Add salt to taste. Cook well till fully done.
- Remove the excess water n keep aside.
- Grind chilies with fresh coconut n coconut oil and add salt to taste. Chutney is ready
- Finely chop small onion.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan, add mustard seed, when start crackling add whole red chillies broken into small pices, kari patta & chopped onions.
- Saute well, add little salt to taste n after that boiled tapioca, mix well n mash with the back of spoon.
- Cook for 5 mins with mixing continuously to avoid burning of tapioca at bottom.
- serve it with green chili chutney.