Today is the 22nd Day of April 2011, I'm in Bangalore rain had already spoiled all the plans.....
Plans for going out for drive, have breakfast n on the way n explore new things, but rain has different plans for us..... We had breakfast at home & sat watching TV.....
For breakfast my sister had prepared something different, her own creation savory pan cakes from the vegetable which I don't like, Ridge-gourd (Turai), Ands it was very very tasty. I think most of the people also dint like it, but its good for health my mom n sis always tells me.... Try and use it in this way I bet u'll love it.... When my sister was preparing pan cakes I asked her, brother in law liked it & she said yes. That was assurance was sufficient for me to have this breakfast...............
Water chestnut flour (singhade ka atta)
Ajwain (carom seeds)
Oil for shallow fry
- Peel the gourd, make puree of it by adding few green chillies n few curry leaves.
- Finely chop onions n add into puree with ajwain and salt.
- Add water chestnut flour to puree and mix well.
- While adding flour make sure that batter shouldn't get much thick, it should be like pap cake batter only.
- Pour oil in pan for shallow frying pan cakes.
- Pour mix in pan of regular cake size, cook it till get golden brown color, make it crispy from both the side.
- Serve hot with any Indian pickle or yoghurt, it taste very good.