I AM A


vote for me

Contributors

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ridge-gourd (Turai) Pan Cakes

It has been more than three months, n i didn't post any thing. three months before I had been to Kerala, got inspired with some food so wrote about it, I always wanted to write something new kind of recipe which is different n new for me n want to share with all.
Today is the 22nd Day of April 2011, I'm in Bangalore rain had already spoiled all the plans.....
Plans for going out for drive, have breakfast n on the way n explore new things, but rain has different plans for us..... We had breakfast at home & sat watching TV.....
For breakfast my sister had prepared something different, her own creation savory pan cakes from the vegetable which I don't like, Ridge-gourd (Turai), Ands it was very very tasty. I think most of the people also dint like it, but its good for health my mom n sis always tells me.... Try and use it in this way I bet u'll love it.... When my sister was preparing pan cakes I asked her, brother in law liked it & she said yes. That was assurance was sufficient for me to have this breakfast...............


Ingredients:
Ridge-gourd
Water chestnut flour (singhade ka atta)
Green chillies
Curry Leaves
Onion
Ajwain (carom seeds)
Salt
Oil for shallow fry


Method:
  • Peel the gourd, make puree of it by adding few green chillies n few curry leaves.
  • Finely chop onions n add into puree with ajwain and salt.
  • Add water chestnut flour to puree and mix well.
  • While adding flour make sure that batter shouldn't get much thick, it should be like pap cake batter only.
  • Pour oil in pan for shallow frying pan cakes.
  • Pour mix in pan of regular cake size, cook it till get golden brown color, make it crispy from both the side.
  • Serve hot with any Indian pickle or yoghurt, it taste very good.

No comments: